I’m having problems bulk deactivating Workplace accounts
This article is only applicable to admins with relevant permissions.
If you're having trouble uploading the deactivation list CSV file, it may be due to one of these common issues:
- Not CSV format: All files must be in valid CSV format (file extension .csv). Other file types and formats are not accepted.
- Not UTF-8 encoded: All files must be encoded in UTF-8 character encoding.
- Invalid email address: The email address listed doesn't match an account in Workplace.
- Invalid phone number: Phone numbers should be in the format [country code] + [area code] + [phone number]. Example: +1 800 555 0150.
- Invalid locale: The locale should be one of the valid abbreviations listed in Facebook locales.
- Values contain commas: If a value contains a comma, the whole value must be escaped by using double quotes. Example: London, England should be stored in the CSV as "London, England".
- Duplicates: Duplicate employee records will cause errors in the CSV validation.
- Incorrect capitalization: Incorrect capitalization won't normally cause an error, but names, locations, and other fields will be stored with the same capitalization as in the CSV file.
- Entry limit exceeded: There is a limit of 2000 entries for CSV uploads.