Reset a person's password on Workplace
This article is only applicable to admins with relevant permissions. You must be logged into Workplace from your computer to reset someone’s password.
To reset someone’s Workplace password:
- Click Admin Panel in the left menu on Workplace.
- Click People.
- Use the filters to find the person whose password you want to reset.
- Click the three dots to the right and select Force password reset.
- Click OK.
The person will then be prompted to change their password.
Workplace password policies
- Passwords must be between 8 and 20 characters long.
- Passwords must contain at least 1 character from 3 of the following:
- Lowercase letters (a-z)
- Uppercase letters (A-Z)
- Numbers (0-9)
- Special characters including common punctuation and symbols
- If people enter their password incorrectly more than 20 times, then they will be temporarily locked out of their account before they can retry.
- Admins cannot set a default password for Workplace accounts.
Learn how to change your own Workplace password.
Note: Username and password credentials chosen by users in Workplace are unique to Workplace, and separate to any passwords they may use on Facebook.