How do I broadcast live video on Workplace?
To broadcast a live video in a group or your timeline, you'll start by openng Live Producer:
- Click Write something... in the composer at the top of your News Feed.
- Select a group you want to go live in or click your name to broadcast to your timeline.
- Click next to Add to Your Post.
- Click Live Video.
- Alternatively, you can follow this link to Live Producer.
Create your broadcast
Now that you have Live Producer open, you can start to set up your live broadcast:
- Click Title to add a title to your live broadcast. This title will not be shown to your audience.
- Click Description to give your broadcast an introduction, or leave this field blank.
- Choose to Include a Q&A during the live broadcast. Q&A is only available if you are going live to a group.
- Check that the Choose Where to Broadcast section is showing the correct group. You can change the group from here, or choose to broadcast directly to your own timeline.
- Click Next.
- Under Choose How to Broadcast, click On My Own if you are the only host of the broadcast or With Others to go live with multiple hosts. You can click Advanced Settings for professional broadcast set up using stream key or paired encoder.
- Under Video Options, click next to Auto-Generated Captions to turn on automatic captions for multiple languages or Live Rewind to allow viewers to rewind during the live broadcast.
- Click Go live to get started right away or click Schedule Live if you are preparing for a future broadcast.
- Click End Live Video in the bottom-left to finish your live broadcast.
Note: you can also go live via external equipment.